Swansea Housing First provides housing and support for anyone over the age of 18, who is experiencing homelessness and rough sleeping
The Housing First team work closely with landlords and the local authority to help people find a permanent home quickly – rather than finding temporary solutions (such as a hostel place) – in Swansea.
Ongoing support is then put in place to help them settle in and maintain their new home.
The project provides intensive support to address issues beyond housing such as:
- Mental health
- Substance misuse
Support should be based around a person’s strengths rather than their problems, with services working proactively to encourage engagement in other areas.
There are a set of core principles for Housing First:
- Housing is a human right
- Service users should have choice and control
- Housing is not conditional on support or treatment
- Support is recovery oriented
- Support focuses on harm reduction
- Active engagement without coercion
- Planning is person-centred
- Flexible support is available, as long as required
We accept referrals from other agencies.
Swansea Housing First is a partnership between The Wallich, Kaleidoscope and Swansea Council.